Citizen Clergy Public Safety Academy
The Newark Department of Public Safety cordially invites all individuals, 18 years or older, to participate in an upcoming Public Safety workshop. This free, 10-week training workshop offers participants public safety training regarding the operations of the Newark Police and Fire divisions, as well as the Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security. As a participant in the upcoming Public Safety workshop, you will:
- Experience a “day-in-the-life” of a Newark Police officer;
- Receive training in crime prevention, gang awareness and domestic violence;
- Participate in “shoot don’t shoot” scenarios at the police firing range;
- Learn how to devise a fire escape plan and how arson investigations are conducted;
- And explore the equipment of Office of Emergency Management’s including SWAT vehicles.
Upon completion of the below form, you will be contacted regarding the next available Academy’s enrollment.
All provided information will be kept confidential.